March 18, 2020 – The Woodridge Park District truly appreciates your patience as the District works through this unprecedented time. As much as we strive to get out information to you in an expedited time frame, we first need to continually get thoroughly educated on the ever-changing information from public health officials, assess impacts on District operations both internally and externally, and understand various consequences on decision to be made. It is imperative that we continue to vet the information and decisions that affects us all before we convey that to you. We understand one’s anxiety and need for information associated with this issue on all fronts, and we will continue to keep you informed on a factual basis as soon as possible.
Our first priority is the safety of our workforce and Woodridge Park District patrons that use District facilities; hence the decision per the recommendations of federal, state, county and local public health officials to close all District facilities through May 30th to minimize the potential of community spread. The following are answers to frequently asked questions that we can answer at this point in time and the initial decisions made:
AQUATIC SEASON PASS PURCHASES & AQUATIC PROGRAMS FAQ & DECISIONS
1. Will Cypress Cove Family Aquatic Park open on time?
As of this writing on March 18, Cypress Cove is scheduled to open on Saturday, May 30, 2020. The District will continually monitor information and recommendations provided by federal, state and local public health officials in making future prudent decisions for the overall safety of District employees and patrons. Any required future decisions impacting the opening of the facility and/or information updates will be posted here and www.woodridgeparks.org.
2. Will the dates for Early Bird Pass Sales and Preseason Pass Sales be revised?
Yes! The revised dates are as follows:
- Early Bird Pass Sales: Monday, March 16 – Thursday, May 28
- Regular Pass Sales Begin: Friday, May 29
3. How can I purchase a pool season pass during the emergency shutdown period while District facilities are closed?
A. Returning Residents & Nonresidents (renewals)
Returning resident and nonresident season pass holders that have an existing Park District account can register and pay according to one of the following methods:
2. Mail (2600 Center Drive, Woodridge, IL)
3. Fax (630-353-3409)
4. Drop-off in one of the 24/7 drop boxes located at the ARC, 8201 S. Janes Avenue or Fred C. Hohnke Community Center, 2600 Center Drive.
Download PDF of Cypress Cove Season Pass Renewal Form
B. NEW Woodridge Residents & NEW Nonresidents
Once the Woodridge Park District reopens the ARC and Fred C. Hohnke Community Center, Woodridge residents shall:
Step 1: Fill out the Household Account Form
Step 2: Collect & submit the following required documents:
- One current utility bill (within the last 2 months for Park District residents only)
- Official ID for each household member
- Adults 18 & Up – State or federal issued photo ID
- Children 17 & Younger – birth certificate or guardianship papers
Step 3: Once District facilities reopen, stop by the ARC or Fred C. Hohnke Community Center with your household members (in-person) to present your documents, take photos and receive your online account login and password and/or register at that same time of showing your proof of residency.
4. I forgot my username and/or password to my Woodridge Park District online account; how do I get a new one?
Your user name is your email address. In the event you have forgotten your username or password please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to assist in resetting your account. Please note the Customer Service Team is available Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 3 PM (COVID-19 modified hours) and will respond to your email at their earliest convenience.
You can also send an email request to our Customer Service Supervisor, Ashley Rowden, at email@example.com. She will attempt to reply the next business day (M-F).
5. Do I have to wait to register for any aquatic programs (e.g. swim lessons, diving lessons, etc.) or reserve a rental?
No, as long as you have an existing Park District account (Note, pool season pass and program account is the same), you don’t have to wait. Dates and procedures to register for aquatic programs and reserve a private rental or party package have not changed.
If you don’t have an existing Park District account, follow the steps above under Section 3.b. NEW Woodridge Resident & New Nonresidents.
The Woodridge Park District will continue to post the most updated information on the District’s website regarding facility reopening dates and status of programs, events, leagues, tournaments and services.